Safety & Australian Law
At eMania we take safety very seriously.
Always wear a helmet, appropriate footwear, and additional equipment.
Always ride at a safe speed, maintaining full control over the bike at all times.
The bikes have high power and not recommended for children under 12.
All our bikes are sold as legal in "mode 1" where max power delivery is 250W and speed limited to 25kmh
To be considered a Power Assisted Pedal Cycle or a Pedalec, the following requirements apply
1. Power-assisted pedal cycle – maximum power output 250 watts (a ‘Pedalec’)
- Motor has no more than 250 watts
- Compliant with EN 15194:2009 or EN 15194:2009+A1:2011
- Top power assisted speed limited to 25 kilometres per hour
- A person must still be able to propel the bicycle via pedals without the motor operating.
Road Safety requirements vary slightly from State to State: